I warmly welcome you to the official website of the Tanzania Embassy in the Russian Federation.
It is my sincere hope that this website will provide invaluable information to Russian citizens and entities interested in exploring investments, trade and tourism opportunities in Tanzania.
Diplomatic relations between our two countries were established on December 11, 1961 and have remained very stable and friendly to date. Over the years we have seen a significant progress in bilateral relationship, in politics, economics, social, scientific, technological and cultural areas. Over 3000 Tanzanians received higher education in the USSR/Russia. Trade volume between our countries has gradually increased, though still a lot has to be done. More Russian tourists are choosing Tanzania for leisure and consequently there are concerted efforts to bolster Russian investment interests in Tanzania.
I take this opportunity to invite Russians to make use and benefit from opportunities and incentives available in Tanzania and explore opportunities in manifold economic and social sectors of Industry, Tourism, Agriculture, Mining, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Fisheries, Banking & Insurance and Education & Health.
Ever since independence in 1961, Tanzania has continued to be a cradle for peace, stability, tranquility and national unity. Multiparty elections are democratically held every five years.
Tanzania is free of ideological confrontations, ethnic problems and labour disputes. It is a linchpin of economic and political stability in Sub Saharan Africa.
Tanzania's macroeconomic parameters are in very good shape. GDP has been growing by about 7% per year for the last decade. Inflation has declined to about 3.9% (March 2018). Monetary policy is managed by an independent Central Bank, and international exchange rate variations against the local currency, Tanzania shillings, have been stable and predictable.
Under the Tanzania Investment Act of 1997, qualified investors are entitled to exemption from VAT and import duties on imported inputs and 100% repatriation of profits and capital investments after taxes and other obligations are met.
Through Export Processing Zones (EPZ) and Special Economic Zones (SEZ) framework, our country offers excellent incentives to export oriented investors, which include exemption from corporate tax for ten (10) years and exemption from withholding tax on rent, dividends and interests for 10 years.
Investment in hotels, lodges and related facilities is particularly very encouraged since Tanzania is one of the top tourist destinations in the Africa. For many people in the world, tourism in Tanzania is mainly associated with Safari, a Swahili word for journey. But Tanzania has much more to offer than just Safari. So a wide range of tourism attractions in Tanzania include:
- Safari in 16 National Parks; Ngorongoro Conservation Area; 34 Game Reserves; 50 Game Controlled Areas and 2 Marine Parks;
- Attractive beaches in the Zanzibar and Mafia Islands and Coastal Tanzania (1400 km coastline of the Indian Ocean)
- Mount Kilimanjaro – In 2017 Mount Kilimanjaro was named by World Travel Awards, as a Leading Tourist Attraction in Africa for the 3rd year in a row;
- Historical and Cultural sites which include, among others, Bagamoyo; Zanzibar Stone Town; Kilwa Kisiwani and Songo Mnara; Oldupai Gorge; and Kondoa Rock-Arts Sites.
- A diversity of cultural tourism - More than 120 tribes, providing opportunity for cultural tourism - learning and experiencing the lifestyle of the people;
Seven sites in Tanzania are inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage List and all are famous tourist attractions. The list includes of the sites listed hereunder as follows:
Ngorongoro Conversation Area;
- Ruins of Kilwa Kisiwani and Songo Mnara;
- Serengeti National Park, famous for the world greatest animal migration;
- Selous Game Reserve – largest conservation area in the world
- Kilimanjaro National Park - the Tallest Mountain in Africa
- Stone Town of Zanzibar;
- Kondoa Rock - Arts Sites
With these few remarks I am glad to welcome you again to explore this website for more information about Tanzania.
Welcome to Tanzania/Karibu Tanzania